Thursday 29 January 2015

Travel month | Start of the Roadtrip

When I write I write, but to get me to the point where "I sit down and take the time to write" it takes a lot of effort. Biggest problem there is that nobody does that to me. Of course not, because I do this for myself. I decided to write now. I have a lot to tell and I am getting a bit behind here. 

San Francisco was amazing and in the time I was there by myself I saw most of the highlights. It was good I went there before. I could get used to the fact that my au-pair year was over. Needed to set my mind off work. I missed the girls so bad. At the same time I wanted to go on this tour so bad. I was a mess up there in my head. Mainly excited though. That Saturday, December 6th I started the tour I booked. The tour was meant to be for au-pairs, The au-pairs in their travel month like me or just a vacation. As I didn't knew anyone who was capable of traveling with me I booked that tour. It was the perfect way to get around the west coast with some people and to see the spots I wanted to see before leaving the states. 

Saturday morning. We got picked up at the Hostel and quickly introduced ourselves and our tour guide told about what we were all going to be up to. Lets go! We started in San Francisco. Went to the painted ladies, the Castro district and then there was a request. While we were driving towards the twin peaks what would give us a epic view of San Francisco Lisa and Johanna told us there was a swing that they would like to go to. Oh let me introduce you to the group. So there was our tour guide. Raymond, but got called Brandon. Why? I don't know but it got to the point were we didn't know for sure what his real name was. Lisa for example called a Brendon twice forgetting his name wasn't Brendon and so she called the complete wrong person twice. haha. That was such a great moment. So Lisa let me introduce you to her all at once with Johanna and Kirsty. They started their travel month together in Florida. They came to the tour together but took me in there group right away. That was amazing and I don't know if the tour would had been as great if you didn't do that! It made the tour for me. Than Verena was my roommate in all of the Hotels and even in the Hostel in San Francisco. Elina, Karina and Ibsa. Super nice people but the group got split up a bit. What is totally normal. I liked them, but with the free times they went on their owns. Didn't make the tour any less fun!

The request. The Swing. It was a hippie swing and it would let you swing with an gorgeous view. Raymond took the van with a trailer through the smalles streets and steepest hills, but we got there. So much effort what we all appreciated a lot. Got our pictures and off we went to the Twin Peaks. Pretty known hills for their view. Did I already mention that the entire time I was in San Francisco it was cloudy and even raining a bit. View was not as far as it probably would have been on a clear day. But still pretty epic. next stop, Fishermans Wharf with Pier 39 including the see lions. we had a quick lunch stop there and we walked up to Lombard street. Also known as the most crooked street. It was more a touristic attraction than a actual street. Tourist who try their best to get down as fast a possible. Some people... I don't know I can laugh about it but it did scare me at some points. It also gave you a great view towards Alcatraz. We jumped back in the van and drove to the Golden gate bridge. Sorry about just listen thing we went, haha. Pretty boring to read I guess. 

I was obsessed by the Golden Gate Bridge. I have a fright for going on bridges, but not for this one. I had a picture of the golden gate bridge on my screensaver for ages and all of a sudden it was there. Right in front of me. It was a moment of realisation. I did it. I actually made it to the Golden Gate Bridge. I made my dream come true!

We hang around a little more around the Golden Gate bridge area and took some good photo's. Than we drove to the Bay Bridge at the other side of San Francisco and left the city.  Looking back on it, San Fransisco was incredible and I love the vibe I got there. I would love to go back when the weather will be nice. San Francisco was an great start of the trip. I checked it off my bucket list! I was super excited to go on the road and explore a bit more of the states. I was ready to make new friendships and memories. I was more ready than ever before! 






1 comment:

  1. Hello there!
    Can't believe your year is over! =) I started watching your videos before I came to us.. what is 4 month ago! I hope you have the time of your life! And good luck with college! =) (I watched your last video). I wanna go to London too. Not really sure if as an au-pair, because my host ids are driving me crazy right now =D but who knows? =)
    I hope you're having a great time! =)

    ReplyDelete

Translate